Our entire family is on a smoothie kick. It started out as a tasty way to get our daughter to eat more fruits and veggies as she is becoming quite a picky eater.
But Mr. Wright and I have also joined the smoothie trend as a way to add more vitamins and nutrients into our diets. You can shove so much good stuff into a blender and still have it come out tasting great!
On Sundays I will whip up a big batch of them and pour individual servings into mason jars. I throw them in the freezer and we can have them all week long without pulling out the blender everyday. You just have to remember to take it out of the freezer a hour or two before you plan on drinking it. Mr. Wright grabs one on his way to work and by mid-morning it is ready to sip,
This one is what I have been drinking all week and one of my favorites! It is very fruity, and has just a hint of spice from the turmeric
Tropical Green Tea Smoothie (Makes about 3 servings)
- 3 cups of a tropical blend of frozen fruit (mine was mangos, peaches, pineapple, bananas, and kiwi, but you can use any combo you prefer)
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 Tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 two-inch piece of fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
- 1 scoop of unflavored protein powder (optional)
- juice of one lime
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened iced green tea
Add all ingredients into a high powered blender. Pulse or blend until smooth. Pour and serve immediately or pour into mason jars and freeze for later.