I posted a picture of this salad on my stories a few weeks back and I received many requests for the recipe. I discovered this one from Better Homes and Gardens a few years back and it is a family favorite in the summertime. It's a great side to go along anything on the grill, like these Hot Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches I am serving it with tonight.
You could also add some chicken or shrimp to it to make it a meal in itself.
What's interesting about this vinaigrette is that there isn't any oil in it! It is straight vinegar, sugar, and salt/pepper, but you really don't even miss the oil!
- 1/2 cup apples cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher slt
- 1/2 freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quatered
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2 cups arugula, baby romaine, or spring mix lettuce
For the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
For the salad, cut corn kernels from the cobs and toss with the remaining ingredients except the arugula/lettuce in a large serving bowl.
Add the dressing and arugula/lettuce. Toss gently and serve immediately.