These lettuce cups have been a weeknight staple in our home for years. They are a quick, easy, and healthy dinner you can have on the table in just minutes.
I came up with the recipe as I was trying to recreate some chicken lettuce wraps that we had at a local restaurant. These come together in about 20 minutes thanks to this short cut: Brianna’s Ginger Mandarin Dressing!
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup Brianna's Ginger Mandarin Dressing
- 1 head of butter, bibb, or iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, and orange zest for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan to stir the almonds. Check every minute until they are the desired color. Remove from oven and let cool.
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and chicken and cook until chicken is browned, about 3-5 minutes. Add the celery and onion to the pan and sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
Add the dressing to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the toasted almonds. Serve the mixture in the lettuce cups and garnish with the cilantro and orange zest, optional. .