Last night I had zero time to make dinner. I threw these tacos together in literally 10 minutes and they were a hit! It's a super quick and easy meal for those busy weeknights. I served them with my Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- zest and juice of one lime
- salt and pepper
- 1 package of bagged cole slaw
- 1 pound of raw shrimp, any size, peeled and devined
- 1 Tablespoon Jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 corn or flour taco size tortillas, warmed
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, chili sauce, cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice. Add the cole slaw and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but longer is preferred.
In a medium sized bowl, toss the shrimp with the jerk seasoning and set aside. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Then add the shrimp and sauté until just pink - it only takes about 2 minutes.
Serve the shrimp on the warm tortillas and top with the slaw. You can find the recipe for my Cilantro Lime Rice here