I made this for a Memorial Day party last week and it was a hit. I stole the recipe from The Chew's Clinton Kelly. It was so amazing I made it again this week and added some watermelon. You can use any fruit you have on hand. Many have asked for the recipe so here it is: Ginger Fruit Salad
For the Fruit Salad:
- 2 cups Pineapple (cubed or balled)
- 4 Kiwi (peeled and sliced into rounds)
- 2 cups Cantaloupe (cubed or balled)
- 2 cups Honeydew Melon (cubed or balled)
- Zest and Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves (torn)
- 1/4 cup Ginger Simple Syrup - below
For the Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 large piece Ginger (peeled and sliced into thin rounds)
For the Fruit Salad: Toss all the fruit together, and add the lime juice, lime zest, mint, and 1/4 cup of ginger simple syrup. Allow to sit a few minutes to allow the flavors to brighten.
For the Ginger Simple Syrup: Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Add ginger and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, and let steep for 1 hour. Pour syrup through a sieve into an airtight container and discard ginger. Refrigerate between uses.